Sometimes, you get completely thrown off and bewildered that there are other people (besides immediate family…and those friends who love to show their support) reading the words, thoughts, and musings that you decide to share on the little space of internet that you lovingly refer to as “your blog”. I mean, who knew? Then, once the realization sets in that people are not only reading, but seemingly enjoying and appreciating these words and thoughts you share, well, that just completely knocks you over. I mean, so crazy.
All that to say – my little blog was (shockingly) nominated to receive the Liebster Award by Katherine at Quirky and Wonderful.
I was given a set of 11 questions to answer…you know, “a get to know more about you” of sorts.
Let’s begin, shall we.
1.) How did your blogging journey begin? (And why have you continued?)
I always have had a fascination with writing – from journaling as a young girl and writing fictitious stories for the enjoyment of my younger sister to read to channeling my thoughts, emotions and reflections into words on paper (or screen). One year (2011), I decided to jump into the unknown and start a blog.
Although my journey began, slightly haphazardly and without a real direction, I began to find a purpose and passion for writing about my faith and how it is interwoven into my every day life and happenings (which can surprisingly happen even when writing about goats and chickens).
2.) What is your favorite kind of weather?
Cool, but not too cool. Crisp. Windows open. Clean. Grab a good book and a cozy blanket. Hoodie with shorts. Autumn.
3.) What is your favorite flavor combination in a dessert?
Chocolate. Chocolate. And…chocolate. (sometimes a little banana or caramel thrown in is acceptable as well.)
4.) What is one thing you hope to accomplish or do in your lifetime?
To have lived a life that can be looked back upon and those who see it say, “wow, Jesus. He is so good”. I want my every thing to point to the One who redeemed, restored and has called me His own.
5.) What is your favorite genre of music?
I am a smorgasbord. There is no possible way to pick one.
6.) What is your creative outlet?
Writing and working on projects with my husband.
7.) What is your favorite smell or combination of smells?
Anything Autumn. No, it is not the name of a scent…but if one day I patent my own house freshener/candle scent – it will be called Anything Autumn.
8.) What is one of your favorite words and why?
Grace. I don’t even know where to begin…but, in a very small nutshell – It is the thing that never depended on my perfections or imperfections; It is the thing that I never deserved, but so desperately craved and was given. Freely. My life, my redemption, my eternity ~ it is all because of God’s amazing grace.
9.) What is one of your favorite quotes and why?
I have one desire now – to live a life of reckless abandon for the Lord, putting all my energy and strength into it. ~Elisabeth Elliot
10.) You have a whole day to yourself… how do you spend it?
It would be spent mostly fighting the inner battle. One side that wants to fight for the ability to read, write, and sleep…uninterrupted. Then the other side that is pressing to catch up on all the work that needs to be done. Of course, by the time I choose, the day is over and the magical hour of midnight strikes…life as I know it, is back to normal and I never really got to do anything from either side of the battle.
11.) What is your favorite memory from this summer?
Sitting on a back porch swing, kids playing, spending summer evenings with good friends, cooking hot dogs and s’mores over backyard campfires.
Thank you again, Katherine for the nomination!
~ Now it is my turn to nominate some blogs for this award~
Heather at Wonderous Blunderous (seriously good stuff)
Sadie at Sadie’s Nest (some deliciousness going on over here)
Tia at Suits to Spit Up (lots of encouragement)
Here are the questions for my nominees:
- What brought you to the world of blogging?
- What do you find to be the hardest part about keeping a blog?
- Do you try and mimic others’ writing style or do you thrive on being your own style of writer?
- If you were to ever host a “famous” writer for a guest post, who would you choose?
- How does your faith impact your writing?
- How does your writing impact your faith?
- What other outlet do you have besides writing?
- Do you sometimes wonder you share too much in the blogosphere world?
- Do you sometimes feel that maybe you are too guarded in the blogosphere world?
- How did you decide on what (and how much to share) about your family?
- Do you have any blogs you really faithfully follow (as in actually consistantly read)? (If so, share!)
If you are nominated, you can accept (note: accepting the award is optional) by writing a post that includes the following:
• Link back to the person who nominated you
• Include the instructions in your post
• Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
• Display the Liebster award logo in your post
• Nominate up to 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
• Create 11 questions for the nominees
• Notify all nominees via social media/blogs