Saturday, July 21st:
We started our day out a little on the late side…I blame it on jet lag. L, Lil’ Man and I did not get out of bed until 10:00. Yes, 10:00, but in reality, it was 9:00 a.m. Colorado time.
Anyway, I got up and helped my mom make some yummy breakfast tostadas. A mix of what mom used to eat growing up and a I added a little bit of a ZING from one of the places I ate in Colorado.
What you need:
* corn tortillas
* refried beans
* oil (of your choosing)
* queso blanco (We used white farmers cheese today. Mozzarella would work as well)
* eggs (1 for each tostada)
* salsa verde
* lime juice (you can use the concentrate) and chile
What to do:
* heat your oil in a skillet and fry your tortillas
* heat your refried beans in a skillet with a teaspoon of oil
* fry your eggs ( I like mine hard; Lance had his sunny side up)
* I took my block of cheese and shredded it.
* make your lime and chile juice combo simply by sprinkling in some chile to your lime juice. Here is the chile I used.
Making the tostada:
* place your fried tortillas on a cookie sheet
* spread your beans over the tortilla
* sprinkle your cheese on top of the beans
* place your egg on top of the cheese
* sprinkle some cilantro on top of the egg
* bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 5-8 minutes
Eating the tostada:
Place your tostada on your plate and pour some salsa verde over it along with some of the lime/chile juice. Absolutely delicious. Enjoy!
After our fabulous brunch, we headed to Tulsa. Hancock Fabrics is having there 50% quilting supplies. I am in need of a cutting board, rotary cutter, and a pinking blade for the rotary cutter…and since it is all 50% off, I was able to buy all three things.
We then went to get some material for a sewing machine cover that we are going to ATTEMPT to make. I am pretty excited about it.
Here is our mess as we move along with our project. Grandpa Corley had to come help us get going. The “easy” pattern is not so easy. False advertisement.
Mom started out sewing the pocket on the first piece. I, indulged in these…
The boys played in the pool while we worked on our sewing project.
Hopefully tomorrow I will have at least one completed machine cover to share with you.