Warm. Sweet. Soft. Delicious. These are the four words I use to describe these snickerdoodle cookies as they make their way out of the oven and into my mouth. So yummy. Chocolate Chip cookies are “the go to” cookie in this house, but every so often, I dig out my mother-in-law’s recipe and…this happens. One cannot deny them, especially when curled up on the couch engrossed in a captivating book or watching a favorite flick on the tv. Picture it – warm cup of coffee in one hand and soft warm cookie in the next. You with me? Good. Now, go – go and bake.
What You Need:
* 1 cup soft shortening
* 1 1/2 cups of sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 3/4 cups of flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar (I used 2 teaspoons of lemon juice as a substitute, because, surprise…no tartar here)
* 1 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons of sugar
* 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
What To Do:
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees
– Mix shortening, sugar, eggs together
– Blend all dry ingredients.
– Mix all ingredients together. Mix well.
– Roll dough into small balls
– In a bowl, combine 2 teaspoons of sugar and cinnamon
– Roll ball of dough into cinnamon/sugar mix
– Place on ungreased cookie sheet
– Bake for 8-10 minutes
– Enjoy…with an ice cold glass of milk
I hope you enjoyed today’s Make it Monday idea. What are you making today? Please, share!