* Recipe from Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving. (some modifications made)
* 2 cans of apple pie filling (I used homemade canned apples)
* 1/2 cup of sugar
* 2 tablespoons of flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon allspice
* 3/4 cup dried cranberries
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 tablespoons butter
* Combine sugar, flour salt, cinnamon, and allspice in a medium bowl.
* Add apples (set aside 2 Tablespoons of apple liquid) and stir to coat evenly with sugar mixture.
* Combine cranberries and walnuts in 2 tablespoons of apple liquid that was set aside from jar/can of apple filling. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Assemble the Pie:
Here is where you can use your own pie crust or use a pre-made frozen one (like I did).
* Evenly spread cranberry mixture over entire bottom of crust.
* Spoon out apple mixture over cranberries.
* Cut butter into small pieces and place evenly over the apples.
* Center top crust over the pie and trim edge allowing 1/2 inch overhang.
* Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust; flute the edge to seal.
* Bake pie at 450 degrees for 20 minutes
* Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 15 minutes (or until crust is lightly browned and fruit is tender).
|Warm, yummy, perfect-for-fall goodness|